More Creepy Critters

One day I was busy working in the kitchen when Amelia and Max started acting hysterical. I couldn't even make out why they were so upset. Then I saw this little guy IN OUR HOUSE!! He went in through an open door and they saw it come in. I got it out quick with a stick. Then I went on line to find out if it was venomous. No worries, just a fun little snake. I told the kids if they could catch it, they could keep it (outside).
A couple hours later Max found this snake in the yard. I watched it for a long time and got some good pictures. My neighbor said it was not venomous. But I had a feeling it was because I had just looked at the pictures of snakes online. This snake scaled up the tree. We watched it until it disappeared in the branches. Max was scared of the back yard for about two weeks. Later I found out it was a venomous copperhead snake. As long as it leaves us alone, I'll leave it alone. I haven't seen either snake since. Snakes don't like kids.

Comments

SuburbiaMom said…
Yuck! We had copperheads in Texas and we kids were nervous about playing in the backyard for the same reason!!
Brooke said…
Yikes! When we lived in SC I was always scared of finding snakes. I never did though. Well, not a LIVE one at least. Do you have fire ants there too? They can be scary! Be safe!
Remind me never to move there. Snakes give me the creeps. Pun intended.