Grandparents Visit

Kent and Jill came to visit conference weekend. Friday we went to the state museum and capitol building. It is so neat to live in such historic area.
These columns are from the building before they renovated it.
They were so fun to play on and the perfect photo place.
Jill took this one while Kent and I hiked back to the car.
Like most big cities, parking was hard to find.
We went to a park by the university. Dan joined us later.
Does any other kid do this? It was not easy to get him out.
Shauna with her balloon. Then next day she was so sad that it wouldn't float.
Amelia always finds a tree to climb.
Grandpa and Jordan ready for conference. I love this picture! (Thanks for sharing Jill.)
It was fun having a visit from Utah. We mostly watched conference and Dan and Kent worked on programming. Dan was so busy he could hardly think. We went to a yard sale between sessions. We went to a pizza and salad buffet and it was very crowded, but so much easier than cooking. On Sunday I tried to make a nice breakfast. I ran out of flour while trying to make biscuits and gravy. Then I set off the smoke alarm . . . two times!
When Shauna woke the morning they left she said, "When is Daddy going to get Grandma and Grandpa from the hotel?" When I told her they went home she cried. She can't quite understand just how far away Utah is. Poor girl has been through 2 moves and she is only 3. We will be in this home at least five years. That feels like settling down for us.
If anyone else wants to visit, we would love to have you! But we will go out to eat every night you are here. (On Sunday we will have frozen pizza.)

Comments

Marti! Your little guy is so cute! I love having visitors. It's not easy moving away. But if it makes you feel better, Landon has been through 4 moves and is a month younger than Shawna. Luckily, he's more like my husband and good byes are not hard for him. Carson on the other hand will cry every time we say goodbye. It's heart breaking.
Love you Martha, and I think your kids are fun and cute.