Halloween

Yes, I know I am really late at posting this. I am always a few weeks behind. (Maybe that is why my babies always come late!) Max and Amelia went trick-or-treating in the neighborhood for the first time in 3 years. Many of our past Halloween adventures centered around church and school events and we didn't go trick-or-treating in the neighborhood.
We started out with a group 4 big kids, 2 little kids and 4 parents. Soon the big kids were way ahead of the little kids. They would run from house to house trying to get as much candy as they could. We soon split up into big kid and little kid groups. Dan and his sister took the little kids and me and my friend took the 4 big kids. (Hers and mine) I can't believe how far the prospect of more candy carried Amelia and Max along. They covered almost our whole ward boundaries. A lot of people gave them big candy bars.
Most of their candy is all gone now. It is really easy to get them to part with the day after Halloween when they've eaten too much. I took all the full size candy bars and put them in the prize box for them to earn later. Then they let me take 25 pieces of candy to make into a chain for an advent calendar to count down the days to Christmas.
Shauna wanted to be her favorite princess, Snow White. I have learned my lesson. I will never again use spray hair color. It came out of her hair just fine. (That was the problem.) It came off on her clothes, hands, face and anything her hair (or dirty hands) happened to touch. But she sure made a cute Snow White. By the end of the night she looked like a chimney sweep Snow White. I love this picture. It was at the school parade when she was trying to get Shauna's attention. Amelia wanted to be a witch again. It was pretty easy because we had the hat. She wore black clothes with orange/black striped tights. She wanted her hair green. We have some bio silk rock hard jell temporary hair color. That stuff works a lot better than the spray. It even washes out of my girls blond hair. I just wish they still made it. Here is our cute little Dash. I wish I got a clearer picture. This was at the school parade. He loved being Dash. This was another easy costume as we bought it at a yard sale over the summer for pretty cheap. He wanted black boots but I didn't get him any so he took his dad's church socks and pulled them up high to look like boots. We picked out pumpkins at a little farm close to our house. It was fun to go to a real pumpkin patch and not the grocery store. The last few years I have grown pumpkins. This year we didn't have enough room. Next year I think I'll find room because they are so much cheaper to grow.
Now it is time to work in Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is my favorite time of year. Dan and I fell in love around Christmas. We both have our birthdays near Christmas. It always brings back so many happy memories. And now we get to make memories with our children. I hope to teach my children gratitude this Christmas and not greed.

Comments

Your kids sure look cute in their costumes!
BROWNCON said…
We like Davis County. Why are you guys looking to move up this way?