Dan and I have been married for 9 years. Our kids are Amelia (7), Max (5), and Shauna (20 months). We love to have fun in everything we do. I'm still trying to get my kids to have fun cleaning! Dan's idea of a great family activity is to watch a movie. My idea of an activity is to go hiking or exploring in the mountains.
We just tried letterboxing and it is a lot of fun! Our first one was very easy but the second one turned into a 2 hour hike. That's usually not so bad but we weren't prepared. No water, flip flops, no backpack carrier, you get the idea. As we finally found the location to start looking we were supposed to find a large red rock. Amelia immediately turned over a rock and bees started swarming out all around. We ran away and luckily no one got stung. The kids complained the whole way and I fell on my rear while holding Shauna.
Now that it has been a few weeks we are all ready to go again. It is always an adventure and we definitely made a memory. If you are reading this and saying: "What is letterboxing?" I'll let you find that out for yourself. Try www.letterboxing.org.
Comments