July Events

When my kids ask me why didn't I go on a mission, I tell them that they are my mission. And I just had my first baptism! Dan performed the baptism and confirmation. We had lots of family there and some good friends from our Salt Lake ward. Amelia sang "When I am baptised." I love to hear her sing. She smiled all evening.
Amelia picked out her baptism dress. She liked this one because it had a liner inside that felt soft. With her it is all about comfort.
We all went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It is so nice to have so many temples to go to. Amelia and Max were very well behaved. Shauna struggled along. She only had one meltdown while we were waiting to get in. They all loved the cookies afterwards. Amelia said she was disappointed that so many people were talking loudly in the temple. With so many people at once in there I'm sure it would be noisy no matter what. I do think they should play music or have someone at the many organs playing hymns. All the temples are beautiful but the Salt Lake temple is still the most beautiful I have ever seen.
Max found this outfit at a garage sale. It has been worn about every other day since. Amelia drew on his mask for him with washable marker. It did come off okay but his eyes were dark lined for a day or two. He loves to be the super hero of the day and get the bad guys. He says he wants to be a police man when he grows up so he can put the bad guys in jail.
Amelia's new chalk art. Isn't she creative. Washable sidewalk chalk is not very washable either. I love it when my kids come up with ways to keep entertained without me helping. She took a long time on this and washed it off all by her self too. Her skin stayed tinted for a while after.
Cousin Ella and Shauna playing on the 4th of July. They both wouldn't play in the water. It has to be really hot out for Shauna to get wet. When she was a baby I could plop her in a few inches of water and she was happy for at least an hour. Now that she is a toddler she has to be in control. I told her one day that she was my baby girl and she said, "I'm not a baby! I'm a teeter-totter!" I assume she meant toddler.
This picture was taken at about 1:30 am in the emergency room. She loved this gown when I put the arm hole over her head and tied the rest around her. She said "Now I'm a princess."
I'm sure everyone wants to know why she was at the emergency room. She clearly looks very healthy in this picture. She had a fever for a couple of days so I took her to our pediatrician. He said her nose looked runny and her throat was kind of pink. (I know he didn't get a good look at her throat because she always gags as soon as the put the tongue depressor in.) He said she had a flu and to go home and treat symptoms and wait for it to pass.
The next day she had a really high fever most of the day. Then when Dan got home right before bed we measured one at 106 degrees! That was too scary for us. My dad was already on the way to help give her a blessing but we didn't even wait for him. Dan gave her a quick blessing and we undressed her to her panties and took her to the ER. By the time they finally checked her out her fever was at 101. Then they put us in a room and she fell asleep and the fever broke completely. We had to wake her up to do a urine culture and a chest x-ray. She stayed awake the rest of the time. I got some good play time in with her. We read books and I had a silly puppet in my purse that made her laugh a lot. They finally determined that it was a urinary tract infection. Which is what I had suspected all the time! We got her the antibiotic at a 24hr. pharmacy at 3:30 am. So much of the time was spent just waiting. I don't understand the ER. How does it take 5 hours for them when at the doctors office it takes only about a 1/2 hour?
We are all finished with the antibiotic now and she is a normal happy girl. So many nice people in our ward called to make sure she was okay. My dad stayed at our house until we got home from the ER just so our kids wouldn't be alone. Aunt Kara even babysat her for me so I could go to Amelia's end of school performance. When she is really tired she says "I feel fevish mama." I am really glad it is not a fever anymore.

Comments

ldsjaneite said…
Wow--you were busy! And I completely understand about the ER. I went there when I was having problems with my heart. And I was there 2 hours before I was seen. It was my heart! What if it had been serious!?
SuburbiaMom said…
Great to hear of your family's updates. Congratulations on the baptism!! Everyone is growing up so fast! Don't think I've ever seen you with long hair--it looks nice. Take care!
Charisse said…
It looks like you guys are having a great summer. It's been awhile since I've seen you, and your kids are getting so big and cute!!